29th MED Registration Fees and Policy
Final papers upload at Papercept will be made available only after finalizing the registration process (credit cards only).
Registration is mandatory for all-conference and workshop participants. MED’21 attendees will be able to register under different registration categories/rates, as shown below. Please note that there is a maximum number of final papers covered by one registration of any given type. All amounts are in US Dollars ($).
|Registration Fees||Early Registration (*)||Late Registration||Paper uploads (**)|
|Full Registration – ONLINE participation||$330||$450||2|
|Reduced Registration – ONLINE participation (Presentation only papers)||$220||$330||1|
|Workshops ONLINE (half-day)||$70||$130||N/A|
|Workshops ONLINE (full-day)||$130||$160||N/A|
(*) Authors of accepted papers should register by
April 15th, 2021 April 29th, 2021. Only Regular and Invited papers will be published in the Proceedings.
(**) According to the conference policy, each accepted Regular paper and Invited Regular paper should be covered by a full registration of one of the paper co-authors, while each accepted Presentation Only and Invited Presentation Only paper should be covered by a reduced registration. Note that for any accepted paper to be included in the program, registration MUST be provided by the early registration date (
April 15th, 2021 April 29th, 2021). A single student registration does not allow to upload a paper. Accepted papers that are not associated with a registration of one of the co-authors will neither be included in the conference program nor in the proceedings. Invited presentation only papers and presentation only papers will not be included in the proceedings. Regular papers and Invited regular papers will be included in the proceedings and published on IEEE Xplore.
Each full registration for Regular and Invited regular papers allows uploading 2 final papers maximum. Paper uploads in addition to those included with each registration are possible at an extra cost of 240$ per extra paper. Each extra upload has to fulfill all requirements of a regular upload.
A maximum of two (2) extra pages per Regular or Invited regular paper is permitted for a charge of 130$ per page. Regular or Invited regular papers longer than 8 pages are NOT acceptable.
Each reduced registration for Invited presentation only papers and Presentation only papers allows uploading one (1) final paper maximum.
Extra proceedings can be requested at an extra cost of 50 $.
- Full/Reduced registration: Access to all technical sessions and access to the conference proceedings.
- Student/retiree registration: Access to all technical sessions and conference proceedings. It does not include the paper uploads.
Students must provide concurrently with the Registration Form an official university letter confirming their status as full-time students and the degree program they are enrolled in.
Retirees are requested to provide concurrently with the Registration Form an official document confirming their status as retirees.
MED’21 will have only online registration (advanced/late), starting
March 19, 2021 March 25th, 2021. Personal badges will be provided to identify registered participants.
IMPORTANT – INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION
The upload of the final version of an accepted paper can be finalized only after completing the registration to the conference.
Note that, if the final paper has excess pages about the limit of 6, then:
– the corresponding author of the paper has to complete the final submission information of the accepted paper in Papercept;
– next, whoever wishes to register and pay for paper uploads, has to log in via controls.papercept.net and from her/his Access page, follow the link to Access registration for MED’21;
– all papers associated with the PIN of the author who is registering will be displayed (already checked), any papers that should be covered by another author’s registration have to be unselected and the payment must be completed;
– return to the author workspace and complete the remaining steps of the final submission procedure;
Else, the first step can be bypassed.
- MED’21 is a four days event, starting with Workshop/Tutorial sessions (June 22nd, 2021), followed by three days of technical sessions (June 23rd – 25th, 2021). The cancellation policy is as follows:
- 60 days or more before MED’21: 100% refund except credit card processing fees.
- 30-59 days before MED’21: 50% refund except credit card processing fees.
- Less than 30 days before MED’21: No refund.
- There is no refund for registrations used to upload final manuscripts.
Information on resort reservations at the conference venue can be found under Accommodation Details.